Location: Central African Republic
Event: Heightened Middle East Tensions
There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.
The Embassy will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid non-essential movements and areas where crowds have gathered as even peaceful demonstrations may quickly turn violent.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Always carry proof of your legal presence in Central African Republic, such as a U.S. passport with visa, or a residency card.
- The U.S. Embassy in Bangui does not provide consular services at this time. Contact the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde if you need consular services.
U.S Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4531 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Central African Republic Country Information
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.