Event: The U.S. Embassy has received reports of ongoing fighting between unidentified groups in the PK5 neighborhood. Casualties have been reported.
Actions to Take:
- The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid the PK5 neighborhood and surrounding areas.
- Avoid non-essential movements and areas where crowds have gathered as even peaceful demonstrations may quickly turn violent.
- Monitor local news stations.
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans, be vigilant, and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
- Always carry proof of your legal presence in Central African Republic, such as a U.S. passport with visa, or a residency card.
- The U.S. Embassy in Bangui does not provide consular services at this time. Contact the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde if you need consular services.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates