Event: The U.S. Embassy in Bangui advises U.S. citizens to remain extremely vigilant and limit non-essential movement until further notice. Please see the Travel Advisory for Central African Republic.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid all non-essential travel, do not travel alone or late at night;
- If you must travel on foot, do so in areas under the control of security forces, use extreme caution and keep a low profile;
- Avoid all large gatherings;
- Review security plans, be vigilant, and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security;
- Always carry proof or a copy of your legal presence in Central African Republic, such as a U.S. passport with visa, or a residency card.
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Bangui does not provide consular services at this time. Please contact U.S. Embassy in Yaounde for consular services.
U.S Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4531 (after hours)