Event: National Day celebrations will take place on Saturday, December 1. A parade is schedule to commence at 09:00 a.m. The parade route is along Avenue des Martyrs and Avenue de l’Independance. Roadblocks and protests may occur. Increased security (FACA and Gendarmerie) presence is expected.
A Ville Morte is called for Monday, December 3.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas in the vicinity of the parade route (Avenue des Martyrs and Avenue de l’Independance.)
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Carry proper identification at all times, including a S. passport with a current CAR visa.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- U.S. Embassy in Cameroon, (Yaoundé, Cameroon)
00-237-22220-1500 ext. 4341/4023; from a landline dial 00-237-2220-1500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
01-888-407-4747 or 01-202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Central African Republic Country Information