Location: Bimbo neighborhood, Bangui.
Event: Politically-motivated gatherings have been announced for Saturday, September 24 and Sunday, September 25, starting in the early afternoon, with large crowds instructed to gather around the football stadium and the Ecole Prefectorale of Bimbo respectively. Start times and locations are subject to change and events may be cancelled.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid visiting or moving through areas where crowds have gathered; demonstrations that appear peaceful can turn violent quickly.
- Monitor local news;
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile;
- Avoid high-security or sensitive installations to include military bases, critical infrastructure, mining sites, and/or aviation facilities outside the capital;
- Review personal security plans, be vigilant, and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security;
- Always carry proof of your legal presence in Central African Republic, such as a U.S. passport with visa, or a residency card.
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Bangui does not provide consular services. Please contact U.S. Embassy in Yaounde if you require assistance with consular matters.
U.S Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4531 (after hours)