Event: The U.S. Embassy has received reports thatpolitically motivated demonstrations may begin at 18:00 today, Thursday June 30, and continue throughout Friday, July 1. Large crowds are anticipated near the following locations:
- PK0 Circle
- Boganda Circle (near Corail supermarket)
- EU Headquarters
- The Ministry of Tourism (Places des Nations Unies)
- Martyr’s Monument
- The National Stadium (Stade de 20,000 places)
- SICA intersection
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Prime Minister’s Offices (Primature)
- The National Assembly, and
- Marabena Circle
Actions to Take: U.S. citizens should:
- Avoid visiting or moving through areas where crowds have gathered; demonstrations that appear peaceful can turn violent quickly.
- Monitor local news;
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile;
- Review personal security plans, be vigilant, and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security;
- Always carry proof of your legal presence in Central African Republic, such as a U.S. passport with visa, or a residency card.
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Bangui does not provide consular services at this time. Please contact U.S. Embassy in Yaounde for consular services.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Central African Republic Country Information
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates